Monday, August 24, 2009

Me robaron el I-POD!!

I try not to get too attached to material things...one of the reasons I love living in Uruguay is because I feel like I'm escaping the rampant consumerism of the United States. Don't get me wrong, I love to buy new things and consumerism exists in Uruguay but it's not all-consuming.

Well, I got attached to this i-pod that my friend had given to me and yesterday, as I was walking in broad day light, a young man came up behind me and yanked twice on my purse, broke it and took off running with my i-pod, money, keys to my apartment and phone inside. At first I thought, "that´s life", and then I realized my i-pod was inside that bloddy bag and I stopped singing "que serĂ¡" and starting cursing the bloke.

1 comment:

  1. It is just a possession and life does go on, but dangit! It's a pain to lose a purse. It takes time to replace all that stuff and an ipod is personal, too, by the time you get all the music arranged. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete