Thursday, August 6, 2009

A few of my little rugrats and my recent kitchen experience







I thought I'd share with you a few photos of some of the rugrats I teach. I have 3 groups of kids, 1 group of teenagers, 2 classes of adults and 2 one on one conversation classes. The kids are quite a challenge. I need to constantly be on my toes, have something for them to do and incorporate new games or activities into the lesson so they don't get bored. Just when I think I'm running out of ideas I am saved by an idea I find in a book or something I just come up with on the spot.

The other photo is of my most recent cooking experiment...I have the slightest feeling Adrian is training me...however, he did help me cook the "tarta". I made the dough all by myself and he made the ingredients to put inside whereas the last time we made a "tarta" I tackled cooking the ingredients and he made the dough. "Tartas" are a popular meal to eat here in Uruguay, it's only a matter of making the crust then mixing a bunch of ingredients together, pour them on top of the crust, bake it all for a bit and presto! a delicious meal is served. What's more, you have scrumptious leftovers for the week! The crust I made this time was a whole wheat, cheese flavored crust, I was quite impressed with myself when it turned out well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Um, yeah, that looks delicious. Are there eggs in the ingredients you poor on top? I'm trying to decide if it's more like a pizza or a quiche. In my Italian classes the teacher put vocab words up on an overhead and split the group into 2 teams. Each team sent one person at a time to the front with a flyswatter. He would call out words (or as we got more advanced, definitions) and we had to slap the word with the swatter. Simple, but surprisingly fun (and pretty cheap ala dollar store fly swatters). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete