Sunday, May 3, 2009

Vacation in Colonia and Carmelo

So I don't have the photos from my first vacation in Rocha yet but I at least have them from the vacation I went on recently with Adrian, his brother and Graciela. They rented a car so that their mom could take her own vacation traveling around the interior of the country in the boys' car.

On a Thursday morning the brothers, Graciela and I, set off for Colonia de Sacremento, a touristy colonial town established by the Portuguese in the 1600s---to this day the cobbled streets and ancient architecture have been preserved very well. In the photos you'll see various snapshotos of all of us in Colonia, and there's one of a random man drinking mate and I snapped the photo because to me, the moment was perfectly Uruguayan. After Colonia we set off for Carmelo and stayed there for three nights and four days. You'll see photos of the car we rented, the moto we drove around that belonged to the family we stayed with and various yachts, since many Argentinians also spend their vacation during Holy Week in Carmelo because it is so easy to get to from Buenos Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment