Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back to Uruguay-my second home

I’m on my way back to Montevideo, Uruguay and I have started this blog to separate it from the one I made to share my year’s experience in Uruguay with Rotary.  This time, I hope to blog a bit more often and keep everyone updated on my adventures and observations of life down South.   I am headed back to Uruguay not on scholarship but to work, teach English and volunteer. 

If you had asked me months before I left to Uruguay whether I would consider staying more than one year I would have said no.  The reason I did not apply for the Peace Corps is because I could not imagine staying away from my family and loved ones for so long.  But I don’t feel like I’m going back to Uruguay, it’s more like a second home than anything.  It will always be second though, my first, whether my family believes it or not, will always be Arizona.  

I’m not sure what this year has in store for me but stay tuned and we’ll discover together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment